My administration has been fluid and accepting of ideas. We have been inclusive and certainly not afraid to put any reasonable idea into play. We will continue to revitalize this City, OUR Steeple City!
- Through a community visioning and inclusive processes, we adopted our VISION 2030 Master Plan; the FIRST comprehensive master plan in the City in over 40 years!
- We continue to improve our infrastructure through the use of state and federal funding to manage road, sign, bridge, sidewalk, ADA/accessibility, airport and other projects.
- We have introduced benches, pocket parks, bike racks, bus shelters, colors to our crosswalks, public art, and public gardens to make our community more LIVABLE and an attraction to new visitors.
- We have dedicated TWO walking loops in our downtown as part of the MASS IN MOTION initiative.
- We are working with the Hoosic River Revival Committee towards a long-term solution to our aging flood control infrastructure. This worthy endeavor will not only rebuild our flood protection, but will make the river accessible as a RECREATIONAL asset to the City.
- We are seeing significant PRIVATE capital over the past five years that have both increased our tax base as well as provided JOBS.
- We are working towards completion of our Colegrove Park Elementary School and made a significant investment in our YOUTH as well as a historic building in our downtown.
- We are seeing the Phase 3 EXPANSION of MASS MoCA. We continue to partner with Adams, Williamstown, and the Commonwealth in the design of recreational BIKE paths coming in from the south and the west.
- We are on the cusp of providing SCENIC RAIL service in collaboration with the Town of Adams, Berkshire Scenic Rail Museum, and MA Department of Transportation.
- We are supporting large private investments in the west end: development of the Carriddi Mill, renovation of the Redwood Motel, and recently announced Contemporary Art Museum near the airport.
- We will a large expansion of Cumberland Farms store on Rte. 2.
- We continue to “cold call” successful businesses regionally to determine their interest in coming to North Adams.
- We have supported the opening of LEVER, Cloud 85, and the North Adams Makers Mill. All three encourage ENTREPRENEURIAL activity.
- We have built new playgrounds on Kemp Avenue and Windsor Lake and are currently in the design phase of a world class SKATE/BMX park for our young residents.
- We championed the opening of UNO Community Center on River Street.
- We continue to make great things happen through the Partnership for North Adams: a development think tank that continues to look at both large and small growth opportunities for the City.
My first career in banking has made me aware that the small business community needs to thrive in order for a City to be successful. I aspire to that thought and continue to work very hard in all aspects of growth and revitalization.